The votes are in — Congratulations to new AAEC Board members Jen Sorensen (President-elect) and Tim Campbell (Director). Tim has been elected for a 2-year term, and Jen will step up to President in January 2021.
Elected to another term and returning to the Board are Mike Thompson (Vice President), Monte Wolverton (Treasurer) and Liza Donnelly (Director). They’ll be joining current members Ed Hall (Director), Pat Bagley (Past President) and myself (President) as we enter the second year of our terms.
I also want to extend a big thank-you to Nate Archer for his willingness to serve and stand for election, and I hope he continues to be involved with the AAEC leadership in the coming years.
The terms of office begin officially on January 1. We’ve a lot of planning to do right out of the chute as we prepare for our next convention in Ottawa in May 2020; continue to debug and improve the new AAEC website; and implement the vision of the AAEC Reboot Committee by forming an advisory committee, looking for funding opportunities, and continuing to explore possible rebranding.
I look forward to working with all of you this new year as we continue our efforts to strengthen the mission of the AAEC to the benefit of our members, the field of editorial cartooning, and free speech in general.
AAEC Officers 2020-2021
- President: Kevin Siers, The Charlotte Observer
- President-elect: Jen Sorensen, The Nib
- Vice President: Mike Thompson, Detroit Free Press
- Secretary-Treasurer: Monte Wolverton, Cagle Cartoons
- Immediate Past President: Pat Bagley, Salt Lake City Tribune
- Director: Ed Hall, freelance (2nd year)
- Director: Liza Donnelly, The New Yorker
- Director: Tim Campbell, Washington Post News Service & Syndication
- International Advisor: Patrick Chappatte, freelance