As you might imagine given recent events, the Canadian cartoonists and their American counterparts have been following the coronavirus story closely, and the impact it might have on this year’s confab.
At this point we are 10 weeks out from the gathering in Ottawa, and one month from the hotel and registration deadline. That’s still plenty of time for the situation to change, one way or the other.
After a vigorous discussion between the two board of directors, and taking into account numerous factors, the ACC has decided to go ahead with their plans to meet May 14-17.
Wes Tyrell noted “This is a very unique and bizarre scenario and we sympathize with anyone that is uncomfortable with travel. The bulk of our members are attending; many of them also live on the other side of the continent and thus share these concerns with our American and international friends.”
Obviously each person will have to determine what’s best for them, but we hope you decide to attend.
To that end, IT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER THAT YOU REGISTER BY THE DEADLINE so that Wes has a realistic headcount, and can adjust his planning accordingly.
THE HOTEL RESERVATION DEADLINE IS SATURDAY, APRIL 4.
And the CONVENTION REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS MONDAY, APRIL 6.
The Canadians understand completely if you decide to beg off. If you decide to go though, just be sure to let them know!
Confab information, hotel links, and a downloadable registration form are available at: https://aaecconvention.